Medications are prescribed abundantly throughout the United States every day. Just go into any pharmacy and you can see how busy they are as they fill prescriptions as fast as they can. Here’s a list of the top ten prescribed drugs in the U.S. How many of these do are you taking?
1. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen)
2. Albuterol (Accuneb, Ventolin, Proair, Proventil)
Albuterol sulphate dilates the airways of the lung and is used for treating asthma and other conditions of the lung. Albuterol sulphate inhalation solution is used for the treatment of bronchospasm in patients 2 to 12 years of age with asthma (reversible obstructive airway disease).
- Common side effects include:
3. Lisinopril (Generic for Prinivil or Zestril)
Lisinopril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor used for treating high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, and for preventing kidney failure caused by high blood pressure and diabetes.
4. Levothyroxine (generic for Synthroid)
5. Gabapentin (Neurontin)
- The most common side effects of gabapentin are: